Sunday, June 04, 2006

Reviving

ahh finally it's good to be back. For those of you who thought my site was an DNRO then you didn't really know me. Anywho I'm back now I believe. (we'll see if it's true in the next couple of weeks)

Update time.

Choir tour was awesome, though I heard giggling and the word "cute" too many times thanks to all the freshman and second year freshman. We went to L.A. and San Diego, which included Disney Land and Universal Studios. We also went to the USMC (United States Marine Core) that was awesome!
Got back from tour and had a couple of weeks of relaxation and then went and paged at the capitol for Sen. Cal Hobson. I enjoyed that entire experience and I think everyone should do it at least once. Since I didn't want to commute I stayed up at the capitol at Amerisuites with Dustin M. I came home on Friday afternoon, packed and played games with Dustin.
First thing the next morning we headed out to Boys State, which is located at NEO in Miami, Oklahoma. That is another experience everyone should try. As long as you participate you'll have fun. At boys state there is something that everyone does. and that is....Marching! Whether we're going to class, chow hall,(meals) or flag raising we march. While marching we sing cadences or aka "jodies." Jodies are rhymes that everyone sings/shouts at the same time to help keep in time. I'll list a couple right now. Schulenberg so you know is the city I was a part of.

Stay in step now stay in time
Walk with purpose march with pride
We know it's hot we know it's dry
But always hold our head up high
Schulenberg has got the stuff
We won't back down we will not bluff


God bless all the men who died
As we march we hold their pride
We are here to honor you
Will keep old Glory flying true

(Last but not least, one of my personal favorites.)
I wish I was back on the block
But now I'm out here stompin rock
Good ole' seargent made us march
Til' our moves are crisp with starch
Schulenberg's the place to be
We do it right so follow me
You know that we will be on top
Schulenberg pride won't let us stop.


The third rhyme was originally "Haven't seen a girl in days
Cept the one washing trays"
But we changed because another city accused us of basing it off one of theirs.

The deal with that verse is that on the second day you realize something. There is not a single girl there. There was one that worked there at lunch. That was it. Ergo that rhyme was created.

Anyway that's over now, and it's back to life at home. This Summer is still filled with many things some of which I'll go over.
1. my mom's has checked out the SWCA football team. That's right football, for me to play on. Insane huh?
2. There are multiple volleyball camps I'm considering
3. I'm almost positive that I'm going to start another job, and depending if I like it, I'll turn in my 2 weeks notice at my other job.
4. My brother is going to teach me Trig over the summer on Monday and Thursday nights
5. I'm checking into colleges like everyone else, except one key thing is what ROTC branches they have. It's almost entirely certain that I'm going to join some form of Military. I'm leaning towards Air Force, and Marines. Both of them are good.

If all of you could keep me in your prayers, that God give me wisdom, discernment, and ears to hear His plans for me I'd appreciate it. I'll try and keep you all uptodate. Thank you much, and I'll write more later.

15 comments:

Herohtar said...

Your blog was Director of the National Reconnaissance Office?

Anonymous said...

Or was it "Do Not Resuscitate Order"?

Anonymous said...

"For those of you who thought my site was an DNRO then you didn't really know me." (Emphases added.)

He wasn't asserting it was anything except something other than DNRO.

Drunk Nutcase Remaking Othello?

John said...

A Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNRO) is a form (#1896) developed by the Florida Department of Health to identify people who do not wish to be resuscitated in the event of respiratory or cardiac arrest. ; )

Getting back on topic... My dad is in the Airforce Stephan. He works on Tinker almost everyday as a Tech Sargent and flies on the E3 Jet at least once every other week. My point in telling you this is that its likely that he would be able to give you a tour round Tinker and maybe even get you around the E3 to see how things work on base. (if yur interested)

Anonymous said...

Wow...... military! Never would've seen that one coming. It seems like a lot of people I know are considering military. So why military Stephan?
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

"It seems like a lot of people I know are considering military."

I'm sorry to hear that.

Stephan: I think you're walking right into a trap on this one. If you join, it may be a very long time before you see anyone in your home town, or country, again.

Steve M said...

John: Thank you for the offer, and I'll think about it.

Cheryl: I've always had the thought of military on my mind. Since I was a little boy I've always collected soldier nutcracker Christmas ornaments. It's been something that's appealed to me. The other reason now, is that it's a way to pay for college.

Abby: You have my answer above, and concerning football, I'm going to be a kicker. I have wanted to do another sport besides volleyball, and I had thought basketball, but Knights I don't have enough skill to play on, and SWCA would practice everyday except Wed. I had thought about football because Derek Hartman saw me kick and asked if I would. Also Brooks Farmer said that if he's joining he's going to force me to. lol.

William: I'm sorry to hear that your "sorry to hear that." I don't know why you think that it's a trap, but that's your opinion. And your only able to share your opinion because of what our military has done for us. Military men wouldn't like your opinion, but they're willing to die to defend it. Another very important aside is that if God calls me to serve in the military, if that's where he leads me, then I'll go. All I want is God's plan for my life, so if joining keeps me away from my hometown or country, then that's alright.

Anonymous said...

I considered it a trap because it behaved like a trap for some people I know. Don't get me wrong; I'm well aware of what our military has done for us. I used to study a lot about WWII, and believe me, I'd be alarmed if we'd been sitting around without any weaponry or even unarmed soldiers during this time.

The problem is that the army isn't being honest about what a large commitment this is. They advertised the Guard, for instance, as a great way to pay for college--during a war! Why of course you guys can still go to college. Yeah, right. One of my cousins took this route and it was years before he could do that. He could've had a Master's or Doctorate by now! (Not sure if he planned to, but he could've.)

Anonymous said...

The deal about college is that if you are already enrolled then you have a greater chance of staying and finishing. However if you aren't in college then they will use you immediately. My Sr. Counselor at Boys State is just now finishing his major, and he's 27. He served first, and now is going to college.
it was years for your cousin because he signed up for a certain amount. you can choose a certain amount of years to serve. (I believe there is a minimum of 4 years however.)

Anonymous said...

"...it was years for your cousin because he signed up for a certain amount. [Y]ou can choose a certain amount of years to serve. (I believe there is a minimum of 4 years[,] however.)"

Ergo, it was years for him because he signed up in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot something. I should've put "(Emphasis added.)" next to the quote.

Anonymous said...

William, I'd appreciate you not reposting my comment grammatically correct. it's not that I don't know what punctuation to put where, or when to capitalize a letter, it's that I don't want to take the effort. Even as minute as it is. I know that makes me sound like a slacker but so be it. I'd just ask that you not make me look incompetent just because I choose not to write grammatically correct.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't figured you didn't. A missed capitalization could simply mean that you missed the shift key while typing fast, whereas the missing comma doesn't suggest incompetence. So what's your answer to the argument found after the quotation?

Bri said...

Tour was awesome!

I really miss the worship times w/ josh and just squad six in general.

What was your favorite part of tour?

Anonymous said...

Stephan go to the Arrows blog some guy left a comment i know you'd like to respond to