Sunday, January 02, 2005

Code Of Conduct

I am an American fighting man. I serve in
the forces which guard my country and our
way of life. I am prepared to give my life
in their defense.

I will never surrender of my own free will.
If in command, I will never surrender my
men while they still have the means to resist.

If I am captured I will continue to resist by
all means available. I will make every
effort to escape and aid others to escape.
I will accept neither parole nor special
favors from the enemy.

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep
faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give
no information nor take part in any action
which might be harmful to my comrades.
If I am senior, I will take command. If not,
I will obey the lawful orders of those ap-
pointed over me and will back them up in
every way.

When questioned, should I become a pris-
oner of war, I am required to give only
name, rank, service number, and date of
birth. I will evade answering further ques-
tions to the utmost of my ability. I will
make no oral or written statements dis-
loyal to my country and its allies or harm-
ful to their cause.

I will never forget that I am an American
fighting man, responsible for my actions,
and dedicated to the principles which made
my country free. I will trust in my God and
in the United States of America
I found that with some of my Grandfathers stuff. It lets me remember that upon a time, the name of God was allowed to be heard in the govornment.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog steve. i hate the word blog though. yuck, something about just bothers me. i like the word xanga much better, but it stink because you can't mess with the html! GRRRR. anyway, i like your site. you talk about a lot of good stuff. btw I am not one of the 4 bloggers...I am the middle one!!! think of a name for my kind. *ashlley kate*

Anonymous said...

Woah, that's good stuff. I bet some people in the service would be shocked to read that now. Hmmm. Nice post. And really, that song I wrote is super relevant to my life. Crazy this world is. -the G