Sunday, March 13, 2005

Dating Views

Well this blog has been inspired by about three people. One person asked about my views, another wrote about "soulmates" and the last I'm sort of taking a word, then expanding on it. Hope you enjoy this blog, and I pray that it helps your view on dating. p.s. this was an i.m. conversation.

Sara: Ok out of curiosity may I ask what your views are on dating?? You did say on your blogger to ask..

Stephan: okay..I don't believe that people should until they are at a certain age, and in a certain finacial stage where they are able to support themselves, and or a family

Stephan: first, what's the purpose of dating?

Sara: Marriage of course.

Stephan: exactly

Sara: that's really true, I can't tell you how many friends of mine have completely messed up there lifes dating... at this age I mean.
Stephan: so why in the world would anyone, especially people from the age of 12--18ish

Stephan: INext, dating doesn't help you in anyway

Sara: Yeah I agree.

Stephan: it wastes your money,your time, and especially your concentration

Sara: Not only that, but it messes up friendships with other people.

Stephan: you should be concentrating on God, and what he wants in your life, instead of being split, wanting to have a emotional relationship, without commitment

Stephan: that btw is what most of these people are doing, they are wanting to be emotionally entangled, but without the commitment

Stephan: that's sort of where courting comes in

Sara: Yup.

Stephan: the plan is to get married, not to just see if you like the person, it's dating with an agenda, or a plan

Stephan: you know where your trying to end up, instead of wandering around, until you think it's the right time

Stephan: another thing

Stephan: many people would say that they know that God provides for them
but if the truly believed that, wouldn't God also provide at the CORRECT time in your life, a mate

Sara: Exactly!

Stephan: do you know what my wife is going to be?

Stephan: in one single word?

Sara: Lol.
(this is what I took from my brother then I started expanding some)

Stephan: "Perfect"

Stephan: she's not going to be perfect in anything,. but just for me

Stephan: because I know that God has worked in her life, and trained her and guided her her entire life, just for me

Stephan: so she is literally the perfect woman for me, because through her whole life she's has been following God, and he's been getting her ready

Stephan: so just........Perfect

Sara: Lol.

Sara: Cool!

Stephan: That's why I think it's pointless to try and go out and find someone that you "like" because you think that they might be the one for you

Stephan: because God already has that perfect person for you

Sara: Yeah!

Stephan: so why take the focus off of God, by looking for an emotional entanglement, when it's not your time

Stephan: God put a stage of singleness in everyone's lives

Stephan: and we need to be content in that stage first.

Stephan: He put that stage in, so we could learn, and be more like him, and obey his word, so that when it's time for that stage to be over, we're ready

Sara: Exactly!

Stephan: That right there is my view on dating

In Christ,
Stephan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Anonymous said...

What you're really saying then is not so much that you don't believe in dating, but you don't believe in petty, useless dating. It seems to me you're saying that dating is good in the proper time and with the proper intent. Unfortunately, our society does not readily encourage dating with commitment. A pity, really.