Saturday, February 05, 2005

Volleyball

Finally!! the first game of the volleyball tournament has arrived, we did very well, but not as well as I thought we would.......jk. The first game, the only points they got were from our mistakes, the end score for the first game was 25-3. All of our teams won against them, so it was a good night. I'm feeling all bruised up though, cause I dove alot, and my kneepads, don't cover all of my knee, so it's going to bruise those areas. Anywho, I really started to feel bad for this team, because they're from Lawton, and they had to drive 3ish hours, just to get stomped. But they are like my team was 2 years ago, we got beat. Badly. Next year, i'm sure they'll do better, and it'll be more fun for all of us.
The only problem is that, they aren't hard. I know that 2 other teams are really good. They are "Heat," and "Wolfpack" and all of the teams they have should be in the next ranking up (beginner=intermediate) so forth and so on. My team has to play one of their advanced teams.!!!
We are going to have to play our best this year. By that I mean we need to set up our hits everytime (bump, set, spike) and we need to spike mercilessly. We need to hit them in the face, where they aren't at, and to the people who just hit it to mess them up. That must sound cruel and mean, but if we want to win we're going to have to be ruthless.
For the past 2 years, we've won the tourney in the beginner and intermediate group, so people are out to beat us. The annoying thing is the past 2 years, we've lost our star players. Last year we lost one guy, who could really pound the ball. In practice we had people actually drop to the ground to get out of the way. His serves really hurt. Not to mention his spikes. This guy spiked on me, and jammed my thumb in for around 2 weeks. And he got the spike over. Well enough about volleyball for now. I have another game tomorrow, and need to ice basically my entire left leg, because I kept hurting it. All of you that read this, have a great day, or next day. Cause this is the day that the Lord has made and you will rejoice and be glad in it :)

p.s. don't worry about the world coming to an end tomorrow, cause it's already tomorrow in Australia.

No comments: